taking something old... making something new.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

cutting $300 lace

Yes, you read that right. I spent $300 on this lace when I went to NYC. I fell in love with it and bought a yard for my future wedding dress. I don't regret buying it, but it's taken me a long time to want to make the first cut--considering that every cut was worth about $50... figured it was time I took the plunge!



After making sure that my patterns were just right, I cut the pieces out of lace, keeping the edge in tact so I can use it for the edge of the neckline. The tricky part of this lace is that it is beaded with every bead sewn on individually. Before I can sew the seams, I had to cut off all the beads that would be part of the seam. Talk about tedious work!


So far, I have the bodice yokes attached to the front and back bodice pieces. I love how it looks so far. Unfortunately, that's as far as I got today... I'm hoping that life will slow down for me a bit so I can get back to sewing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment